We all know how important it is to keep our homes cool during the summer months. When the temperatures outside begin to rise, the last thing you want is for your home to be uncomfortably warm. Sometimes your air conditioner can act up, which makes it difficult to keep your home cool due to a faulty unit. C & A Master Tech LLC provides cost efficiently AC service in Yuma.
Some low-cost ways to keep your home cool and comfortable:
- Use Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans are great for circulating air and making a room feel cool. If you don’t have ceiling fans installed, now may be the time to do it. Ensure that you’re using them properly in the summer months. Ceiling fans should rotate counterclockwise to push cool air down into the room.
- Let In The Breeze: If it’s not too hot outside, open your windows and doors to let in a refreshing breeze. It is a great way to naturally cool down your home without relying on your air conditioning unit. Just be sure to close everything back up once the temperature outside drops so you don’t let all of your cool air out.
- Use Sunscreens Or Curtains: One of the quickest ways for heat to enter your home is through your windows. During the hottest hours of the day, keep your blinds, panels or curtains closed to help keep the heat out.
- Cook Smarter: During the summer, you’re probably spending less time in your kitchen because it tends to be one of the warmest rooms in the home. But, if you have to cook, try to avoid using the oven or stovetop as much as possible. Instead, opt for no-cook meals or cook with a slow cooker or instant pot. Both of them generate far less heat than traditional cooking methods.
- Wear Loose, Comfortable Clothing: When it’s hot outside, you want to wear clothing that is going to be comfortable and won’t make you sweat more than necessary. Choose light-colored and loose-fitting clothing made from natural fabrics like cotton which will help you stay cool and comfortable all day long.
- Set Your Thermostat Low: During the hottest months of the year, you’ll want to keep your thermostat set to cool. Depending on how hot it is outside and how well your home retains cool air, you may need to keep it set lower than you used to.
- Plant Trees Or Shrubs Around Your Home: Planting trees or shrubs around your home will provide much-needed shade and help keep your home cooler during the hottest months of the year.
If you’ve tried all of these tips and your home is still too warm for comfort, or if you are having trouble your cooling unit, it may be time to call a professional for AC repair in Yuma, AZ at C & A Master Tech LLC. Our team has years of experience repairing all makes and models of air conditioners, and we’ll quickly diagnose the problem and get your AC unit up and running again in no time.